1.0 General Specifications
There shall be furnished one (1) one only Grind Hog™ Model 10SX T/S Comminutor as manufactured by G.E.T. Industries Inc. Rotation shall be in a clockwise direction.
1.1 Design Criteria
The comminutor shall be designed to handle the flows indicated below, within the head loss noted.
- a) hydraulic capacity 1.2 MGD (4500m3/day)
- b) satisfactory operation shall occur under conditions of zero flow
- c) head loss at peak flow shall not exceed 10 inches (250)
- d) design shall be such that the flow enters the size reduction and screening device horizontally and exists vertically downward to facilitate the flushing of solids
1.2 Cover Plate
- a) of heavy-duty construction and of high quality cast iron
- b) fitted with 4 position lock down arrangement, and 2 alignment holes for repositioning following service
- c) located on, and positioned by wall mounted supports allowing for ease of removal for inspection and maintenance.
1.3 Rotating Drum Screen
- a) heavy-duty Cast Ductile Iron ASTM 536, grade 60-45-18
1.4 Cutting Elements
- a) replaceable shear bars constructed of high-quality A2 tool-steel shall be attached to the rotating drum. Each shear bar shall be machined from solid bar stock, surface ground to establish exact tolerance
- b) stationary cutting bar shall be of high-quality 01 tool steel hardened to a minimum of 56 Rockwell C, and shall be reversible, allowing for four (4) sets of cutting edges prior to sharpening or replacement
- c) all submerged fasteners shall be of stainless steel
Submersible, Explosion-proof 1 Hp. (.746 kw), 1750 RPM ______ volt, 3 phase, 60 HZ, rated for continuous-in-air or submerged in sewage service. Power control cable of 25 ft (7.6 m) included. Class 1, Group C and D, Division 1 Hazardous locations. The motor shall feature:
1.6 Drive Arrangement
- a) the motor shall be close-coupled to a speed reducer drive, a heavy duty planetary gear of the totally enclosed non-vented type suitable for total submergence during emergencies
- b) double seals on the output shaft shall ensure flood-proof operation through a reduction ratio of 35:1
- c) the cycloidal reducer shall be capable of withstanding shock loads to 500% of its mechanical rating of 4.27 Hp. and be warranted for two (2) years
- d) the drive shall have a minimum full load efficiency of 90% and be pre-lubricated with grease, requiring routing maintenance every 500 to 1,000 hours
1.7 “Toilet Seat” Channel Mounting System
Shall consist of wall mounted brackets and fasteners, horizontal plate and skirt assembly, all of 304 stainless steel.